Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Legend.

dave92b

As I'd mentioned in the last post, touring with the Skatalites in 1993 was, in my opinion, the best thing to ever happen to the band, as we got to see and meet our greatest inspirations. This photo, taken backstage in Santa Cruz with Lloyd Knibb (Skatalites drummer), clearly shows the beaming smiles of elation from my face and Deston's. Dave, on the other hand, always kept cool and collected in photographs, although believe me, he was just as excited as the rest of us were, if not more.

2 comments:

Gabe said...

Hey,
Gabe here from Music IS Our Occupation. I'm really enjoying all he photos and memories you're sharing,keep it going.

leftylimbo said...

I'd forgotten about this picture, and I'm glad it's still here. What a great memory. I believe this was taken backstage in Santa Cruz. I'm not sure, but it was a hell of a show; probably my favorite show from the tour. I can't believe all the founding members of the Skatalites are all gone. We're so lucky to have played with them when we did.