Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back in the day...

hep94

I'm still searching through the archives to see what else I can come up with...but in the meantime here's a photo sent to me from Chris Murray long ago. It was taken in Berkeley, outside our hotel room before going to sound check. Chris said probably '93-'94 but I'm willing to bet '93, as Raul and I are wearing the infamous "Stoned Rat" Hepcat shirt which I made a limited edition of that year.

Dave's third from the left (next to Alex), wearing a Tantra Monsters shirt (a ska band from Hawai'i—are they still around?). How young and vibrant we all were...this was Hepcat at its prime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greg,

Thanks for posting this. I am putting a memory book for the boys and this will be a great addition to the book.

Yohanna

pat v said...

hey,
I was a good friend and next door neighbour of dave around 1992-3-4.
Quite a shock when I randomly stumbled upon the news on the web. The last time I saw Dave was almost 14 years ago now but I have never forgotten him and those two years are some of my best memories.Dave would often drop by my house and we d jam alot with my brother and Cliff Elbl in my basement. he would often play guitar for some reason...We went surfing together 2 or 3 times a week and would go out together nearly every friday night to club 70 s in hollywood. So much fun.I moved back to switzerland-europe in 1994 but still have home made videos of us surfing and jamming from that time that i ve watched over and over again over the years.
I dont know what to say really. This is just too weird. But everything allready said about Dave is so true. He would never stress.
I remember the earthquake back in 93 and we were all out in the street and wondering where Dave was and we guessed that he didnt come home or something. A couple of hours later, He comes walking out the front door asking what the hell had happened? He slept through the whole thing! it was the funniest thing i d ever witnessed!
I dont know if yohanna still remembers me but would like to express my condoleances to her.
greetings from switzerland

Pat vermeulen